Research-oriented Assistant/Associate Professor or Postdoctoral Fellow in Supply Chain Finance
Job Reference No.: NISCI 24
Salary and Benefits: Negotiable (incl. attractive governmental subsidy)
Closing Date: Open till Filled
Start Date: Negotiable
· A PhD in supply chain management, logistics, operations management or a related discipline
· In-depth knowledge and proven skills (i.e., publication record) of research in supply chain finance, operations-finance interface, or related topics
· Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver lectures and class material at graduate level (both Master and Doctoral)
· For consideration at the level of Research-track Assistant/Associate Professor, candidates must have published in international journals and lead/participated in the acquisition of external funding.
• Familiarity with analytical methods in supply chain modeling, simulation, empirical research, and statistical/econometric tools
• Teaching experience in supply chain finance, operations-finance interface
• Experience with practice-oriented projects funded by industrial partners
Main Duty and Responsibilities:
• Conducting guided and independent research on supply chain finance (incl. collaboration with researchers in MIT Global SCALE Network)
• Publish in top international journals
• Teaching (assistance) in the degree/executive education program courses
• Assisting and taking leadership in writing manuscripts, research proposals, and meeting with project sponsors
• Support educational and outreach activities, and
• any other (incl. administrative) duties that may be reasonably assigned by the executive director of supply chain finance research center
How to Apply:
To apply for the research positions, please prepare and submit the following documents:
1. A cover letter explaining interests in this position and relevant experiences
2. A statement of research
3. A detailed curriculum vitae emphasizing research and teaching capability along with industry experience,
4. Published and working papers in English
5. Contact information for references (with names and email addresses)
Please be sure to identify the position in which you are interested and your earliest potential start date.
Electronic submission is highly encouraged. Please send your package to:
Ningbo China Institute for Supply Chain Innovation
MIT Global Supply Chain and Logistics Excellence Network
The review of applications and nominations is underway and will continue until the positions are filled. All positions command a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications. Starting dates are negotiable.
MIT Global SCALE centers offer a culturally diverse teaching and research environment and provide equal opportunity for all applicants. Applications from women and minorities are encouraged.