Job Reference No.: NISCI 13
Salary and Benefits: Negotiable (and attractive governmental subsidy)
Closing Date: Open till Filled
Start Date: Negotiable
• A PhD in management sciences, operations management, business analytics, information systems, economics, logistics, or a related discipline.
• In-depth knowledge and proven skills of academic and applied research in cloud services, supply chain services, transportation services, or related topics.
• For consideration at the Research-track Assistant Professor level, candidates must have published in international journals and participated in the acquisition of external funding.
• Familiarity with analytical methods (e.g., develop stylized models, game theory models, and algorithms/heuristics)
• Familiarity with empirical methods (e.g., statistics/econometrics/machine learning/behavioral experiment/case study)
• Programming skills
• Industry experience
Main Duty and Responsibilities:
• Conducting guided and independent research on service management (including collaboration with researchers in MIT Global SCALE Network)
• Publish in leading international journals
• Write research proposals
• Meet with project sponsors
• Support outreach activities
• Teach short courses
• Any other (including administrative) duties that may reasonably be assigned by the supervising faculty member.
How to Apply:
To apply for the research positions, please prepare and submit the following documents:
1. A cover letter explaining interests in this position and relevant experiences
2. A statement of research
3. A detailed curriculum vitae emphasizing research and teaching capability along with industry experience
4. Published and working papers in English
5. Contact information for references (with names and email addresses)
Please be sure to identify the position in which you are interested and your earliest potential start date.
Electronic submission is highly encouraged. Please send your package to:
Ningbo China Institute for Supply Chain Innovation
MIT Global Supply Chain and Logistics Excellence (SCALE) Network
The review of applications and nominations is underway and will continue until the positions are filled. All positions command a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications. Starting dates are negotiable.
MIT Global SCALE centers offer a culturally diverse teaching and research environment and provide equal opportunity for all applicants. Applications from women and minorities are encouraged.